Who we are
Freelancers Union, a national non-profit organization, represents the needs and concerns of today's independent workforce through advocacy, information, and service. We offer health, life, disability, and dental insurance, as well as discounts and other resources, to freelancers, consultants, temps, part-timers, and the self-employed. We're passionate about our mission to improve working life for independent workers – a community representing 30% of the U.S. workforce – and we're the people behind all those insurance ads with the beehive that you see on the subway.
We offer an excellent benefits plan that includes health coverage, dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, and TransitChecks. Our offices are located in Downtown Brooklyn right by the A, C, F, 4, 5, R, and N subway lines on the Jay Street MetroTech stop.
Beyond our mission, we're also passionate about and proud of the culture and work environment we've created. We believe everyone has an important contribution to make toward achieving our goals, both through collaborative teamwork and independent initiative. The atmosphere here is loose, fun, and friendly.
Part Time Digital Organizer
Freelancers Union is seeking a part-time freelance Digital Organizer to lead online campaigns and grow and engage our member community.
Freelancers Union is seeking an experienced Digital Organizer to lead online campaigns and other grassroots organizing to advance political goals, grow membership, and build community engagement. The Digital Organizer’s job responsibilities include developing and implementing social campaigns, developing creative content, cultivating member engagement and leadership, and reporting on key strategic metrics. The Digital Organizer will promote ongoing campaigns and activities, as well as resources and benefits offered by Freelancers Union, to support the larger member engagement strategy.
- Work 30 hrs/week as Digital Organizer, with 5-7 hours availability each weekday (telecommute is ok)
- Develop and implement social campaigns to build union membership and support organizational initiatives
- Participate in high level brainstorms and weekly planning meetings to discuss progress
- Generate creative ideas and content to further campaign, engagement, and growth goals
- Schedule daily content across all FU channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+)
- Work with the cross-departmental communications team to develop a plan and the tactics for a consistent and concerted online mobilization and outreach
- Write social media copy, as well as occasional blog posts
- Report weekly to leadership to measure results against strategic goals
- 3-5 years experience in social media campaigning and/or digital grassroots organizing for a political or social change organization
- Demonstrated ability to build community and political momentum around strategic goals
- Creative thinker and writer, with punchy and engaging tone
- Ability to analyze feedback to illustrate trends, and push forward engagement strategy
- Familiarity with audience metrics and targeting across major social networks
- Must have entrepreneurial spirit, with strong ability to manage and move forward projects independently
- Background in labor and movement politics, and background in freelancing and/or working in creative fields strongly preferred
- Experience with influencer outreach and/or coalition building a plus
Please email a resume and a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com.
Our offices are located in Downtown Brooklyn right by the A, C, F, 4, 5, R, and N subway lines on the Jay Street MetroTech stop. For more information, please visit our website at www.freelancersunion.org.
Freelancers Union is an equal opportunity employer.close