Freelancers Union, a national non-profit organization, represents the needs and concerns of today's independent workforce through advocacy, information, and service. We offer health, life, disability, and dental insurance, as well as discounts and other resources, to freelancers, consultants, temps, part-timers, and the self-employed. We're passionate about our mission to improve working life for independent workers – a community representing 30% of the U.S. workforce – and we're the people behind all those insurance ads with the beehive that you see on the subway.
We offer an excellent benefits plan that includes health coverage, dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, and TransitChecks. Our offices are located in Downtown Brooklyn right by the A, C, F, 4, 5, R, and N subway lines on the Jay Street MetroTech stop.
Beyond our mission, we're also passionate about and proud of the culture and work environment we've created. We believe everyone has an important contribution to make toward achieving our goals, both through collaborative teamwork and independent initiative. The atmosphere here is loose, fun, and friendly.
The Freelancers Union is known for our innovative products, services and technologies to connect the nation’s 53 million independent workers—and the people who work to make it all happen. At a time of major growth and change for our organization, including the launch of a national integrated brand and marketing campaign, we’re looking for a transformational leader to build and implement our future campaigns. You will design the strategy and tactics, coordinate with members, and implement all aspects of our campaigns while working collaboratively with a top-notch team.
As the (Freelance) Organizer, you’ll have the opportunity to forge real progress on growing, mainstreaming and protecting the new labor movement while defining Freelancers Union as a new economy organization. You’re also dedicated to cultivating and maintaining a friendly, creative and collaborative work environment.
· Responsible for setting strategy for organizational campaigns and manage their integrated implementation across multiple platforms, including, but not limited to social media, print, publishing and audio.
· Manages overall campaign strategy and the setting of objectives. Collaborates with stakeholders to ensure understanding of objectives and alignment with organization goals.
· Proactively analyze performance of specific data providers and make recommendations to improve campaign performance
· Expedites campaign projects as needed by the gathering missing data.
· Expert in Social Media platforms
· Excellent communication skills with a track record of effective online campaigning and organizing
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment and in complex organizations
· Proven presence as a thought-leader and the ability to serve as an external representative
· Strong project management skills – adept at keeping things moving along
If you’re interested in working with our team of entrepreneurial pioneers, please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com. Sorry, but we won’t consider resumes that don’t include both a cover letter and salary requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Working Today/Freelancers Union and its entities do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its programs, activities, or employment practices.close